Tuesday, May 19, 2009

.different paths

the Sign?

Take a look at the details of the leaf in the photo above. Look at those lines.. Don't they remind you of the different paths that you have to choose at a certain point of life?

Well, it does to me.

It's like, once you have chosen a path, it's hard to go back to the other because it's far. I still don't know what I really want in life, even though I've narrowed down my choices. Three choices.

Graphics Design, Multimedia Design (+ animation, application developing, games design, web design, etc.), or Photography.

Yesterday, I was granted full admission to Monash University's Faculty of Art & Design. But it wasn't 100% good news...

Monash Uni's Faculty of Art & Design decided that I'm not cut out for visual comm.. But they gave me full offer into multimedia design... They commented that I did not meet the basic requirements for visual comm.. And my guess is that 80% of the stuff I did for portfolio are multimedia design/games stuff, since that was what I did at undergraduate level.

Job-wise, Multimedia design is practical, but I enjoy photography so much that it doesn't feel like I'm working at all. An advice given to me by my favorite high school teacher is that you should go for a job that doesn't feel like a job at all, so you'll enjoy it everyday. My teacher loves teaching high school kids and so teaching doesn't feel like a job to her. I'm glad she loves what she's doing. :)

Hmm.. I suppose it won't hurt to try and have a bit of both... Right? Anyways, I'd better let my parents know and see what they say... If my parents give me the green light I'll go ahead and submit the acceptance form.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin