Monday, January 26, 2009

.l-n-y

Red for New Year. Modeled by one of my distant nephews.

The first day of Lunar New Year has came and gone. I thought it was going to be a very long day when I forced myself up at 7am this morning..

And turns out that there was barely enough time - especially since I'd only get to meet up with a few of my close cousins once a year.. Oh, and especially with Cousin Z, who came back from the States to visit. He is going back to Kansas tomorrow for college, and I don't know when I'll be seeing him again.

Time is way too short this time round. :\

Anyways, quite a number of people came - close and distant relatives (some of whom I don't know of until today), common friends of my sisters and brother, new faces, 2 dozens of kids who were babies the last time they came over, etc etc etc etc etc. And it was good to see everyone.

A lot of old friends and relatives still had the impression that I was still a 12 year old kid, rather than 22 years old - half of them didn't recognize me until my parents pointed out Me, the youngest among my siblings.

These are the few common comments that I've received throughout the day:

"You lost weight!!!" - yeah kinda true.
"Looking prettier and prettier!" - no, not true.
"Wow, are you a professional photographer already???" - Uhh.. Semi-pro (because people don't pay me for event photography, yet).

--

Most of the innocent lil' tykes have grown up to become little un-cute and annoying kids. I realize that school seems to take away quite a bit of the innocence in a child. The more knowledge a kid receives, the less naive they get.

And my right wrist is breaking from the 617 photos (2.0GB worth) that I've taken today - that is like, about 1/3 of the amount of photos that I'd take on a 4-5 day vacation! Hope I'll still have the ability to take good photos in Shanghai during the rest of the week.

Alright, this year as been pretty memorable. I hope next year will be just as good, or better! Umm.. Actually, if all goes well, I might end up staying in Melbourne for the Lunar New Year in 2010.. Oh well, we'll see. :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin