Saturday, January 10, 2009

.photographer's depression

Uncertainty.

What's happening? Did my 350D + BG-E3 battery grip + 24-105mm gain some weight over the holidays or something? How did it become so heavy all of a sudden?

I've never found my dear equipment to be that heavy until a few days ago.. My hands are not as steady as before and I'm not happy with all the photos that I've been taking this year... I think I'm suffering from the so-called photographer's depression...

:(

And no, this has nothing to do with clinical depression. I reckon that photographer's depression means losing the ability to take good photographs for an amount of time.

I need a break. However, I will continue to edit and post all the photos I've taken in Japan as well as keep up with the daily 2009YIP shots.

I'm not sure if anyone understands me apart from photographers who have been shooting for quite a while.. So I hereby apologize if this entry doesn't make sense.

:\

Perhaps this whole situation is telling me that I've spent way too much time looking at the world through my camera's viewfinder..

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin