Saturday, January 10, 2009

.the weak week

Comfort Food.

A couple of days upon returning from Sapporo, I've lost the battle to a couple of viruses that worked together to attack me. First, I received a horrible sore throat, and I blame it on the bad ventilation of the hotel we spent the night in before returning. Then, it was cough, followed by a slight fever and mild stomach flu.

I've never felt so alone and miserable before.. It was like being attacked by a handful of dementors and not being able to use the patronus charm (read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban). This is definitely a horrible way to spend the first week of 2009. I feel a whole lot better now, after a few medicines and my mom's trademark porridge (image), which is the best of the best. I'm so going to ask Mother to make more of these before I return to Melbourne! ^^

The cough bug is not giving up yet.. And I'm trying my best to fight it off with cough syrups every night before I go to bed - also, I suspect that it's all thanks to the medicine that's been giving me good nights sleep for the past couple nights!

Okay, I'll update more on the Japan trip A.S.A.P.. In the meanwhile, stay healthy and have a swell weekend!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin