Monday, March 16, 2009

.that saturday afternoon

Carlton & Beyond VII (High Dynamic Range Imaging).

SF and I woke up to a rainy and wet Saturday morning.. It was such a great day for sleep in but we had important stuff to attend to. And so we got up.

Despite the fact that it was raining badly, Aryen and I decided to go ahead and get some stuff at the Queen Victoria Market and were half drenched in the end. I'm not sure if this has got anything to do with the heavy rain but I think I'm coming down with another wave of dry cough. Noooooooo......!

Anyways, back to the topic.

So it started to rain.. Not water, but ice. It was RAINING ICE in Melbourne! I don't know about you guys but this is actually the first time I've seen little tiny pieces of ice dropping down from the sky. And it's not even winter - we're at the end of summer and heading towards fall.

And then, refer to the above picture - taken right before the "mini-ice-cube-rain". I'd like to thank SF for asking me to take a HDR shot of the scene, because we wouldn't be seeing this photo right now if it wasn't for him.

:D


P/S Happy birthday Priscilla!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shot!!!

Good attempt on HDR. I'm playing on the HDR recently, and was very impressive the effects made by HDR software.

By the way, do you mean hail that the scene you saw in the city?

_pdra said...

Thanks Alex! :)

Nah it wasn't hailing - at least I don't think it was, since the drops of ice were so tiny that you had to scrutinize them. :\

Blog Widget by LinkWithin