Friday, February 20, 2009

.cultural night

Sushi for Dinner.

I was still feeling a little crummy the day after I arrived back in Melbourne.. And was craving for sushi. I'd always crave for Japanese food (particularly sushi rolls) when I'm not being my best.....

So I made an announcement to everyone that I will be making sushi the following night, which is Tuesday.

Inari sushi.

Californian rolls with Salmon, avocado and cucumber.

Nigiri with sashimi salmon.

And I we did. The five of us, SF, SY, Aryen, Gin and myself contributed to the sushi-making process that night. It was actually quite fun having so many people cook dinner together, and it felt like we were celebrating "Japanese Day" or something, with everyone trying to come up with one or two Japanese words and phrases while cooking and dining.

Nigiri with unagi (eel) and sashimi salmon.

After dinner, we continued to sit around the dining table for some good chatting session and also enjoyed some green tea. I have a feeling that I'm going to make them all (particularly the new comers Aryen and SY) addicted to tea. :D

Dinner has not been this warm for a while. And I'd like to thank all of them for making it such a great one!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin