Tuesday, October 13, 2009

.you snooze you lose

You snooze you lose!!!

I woke up this morning without hesitation.. And checked my phone for the time, as usual.

"Oh.. It's 10.54am..... wait.. What!?!? 10.54am!?!?! Tuesday!?!?!?!!!"

"F***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"*Pinch cheeks* Am I dreaming? Is this a dream????? *Pinch* Noooo, it's not a dream!!!!!! F***!!!!!!!"

10.54AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOO DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was supposed to be up by 7.20am!!! Especially today, since we are supposed to present our corporate identity stuff to a real client – a CEO, who was coming in today. What the f*** happened to the eff-ing alarm clock!!?!?!!!

A friend from class messaged and gave me a call but my stupid phone was on flight mode! Damn!!! I shouldn't use flight mode anymore, at least not on the night before an important day!


I text messaged my friend to ask if the client has arrived yet.
"okay this is bad. My alarm didn't go off. Have you guys started?" I typed (frantically).
"Not yet. But he's coming at 11. See ya!" She replied.

I dash to the bathroom, washed up, got dressed, and did some final touches. It only took 10 minutes for me to get ready this morning. I dash towards the tram stop right across my apartment, got on the next available tram (even though it was crowded) and got off at Flinders St. Station.

"FFFFFFFFFFF. I'm screwed I'm screwed I'm screwed!!!!!!!"

My friend reassured me (by text) that I will get there on time, because he was slowly going through with each and every students about their logo proposal.. And have saved me one of the very last seats. I owe her one!!!

I looked towards platform 8 for one of the Frankston limited express trains.. Yep, there's one.. AND IT'S THERE!!!! "RUN, SANDRA, RUN!!!!!!!!!!" I made yet another dash towards the train. "Phew, I made it!"

..Managed to get to uni 15 minutes later.. The first thing I did when entering the studio was look for the CEO.. I thought I didn't made it until I saw his back on one corner. He was talking to one of the students.

"Wow.. I.. Actually made it?"

My group of friends started laughing (in a good way of course) as I walked towards their work desks.

Oh.My.God. That was a close one!!!!! And I am still traumatized by it!!!!!! :\

Lesson #1: Never turn off your phone or leave it on flight mode the night before an important day!!!
Lesson #2: Use a proper digital alarm clock. Get multiple clocks if possible.

What a day!!!



But at least there was one good piece of news... The apartment I have applied for has been approved!!! Yay!!! Just few storeys down from my current one!!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin