Sunday, August 9, 2009

.the one about waking up early

Doomsday.

I was talking to my dad on the phone the other night and told him all about my schedule for the semester when he asked.

Dad: So what time are your classes normally?
Me: Hmmm sometimes morning, sometimes afternoon.
Dad: Morning? How early??
Me: Like, early. I have to get up 7.30am on Tuesdays.
Dad: (knowing that I don't normally get up before 11am) SO EARLY??? You can get up that early??? *there was a tinge of humor in his voice - I could tell he was grinning*
Me: Haha of course I can, no choice right?

LOLLLL!!!

Anyways, yes, I have been waking up early twice every week. It's not easy to be honest, but knowing that this is the very final time I am a student, I'd have to cherish every moment of the chapter.. And I won't be skipping classes for reasons like "Oh-I'm-so-tired-today" or "I-need-to-finish-up-assignment-for-this-other-unit" like I did back in the undergraduate days...

Hmm.. Does it mean that I've matured a little bit over the past six months? :P

I can never wake up early on most days because it's hard for me to fall asleep before 2.30am every night. I'm nocturnal, I am more motivated to work on stuff during the early hours of the morning when the streets* are quiet and that everyone's off to slumberland. I don't know why, but that's just me... Although I do envy a friend who works better in the morning than any other time of the day.

Waking up early means I get to see the sun rise from my east-facing apartment unit. I guess that means I'll be taking loads of morning photos so don't be surprised to see a bunch of them on Flickr in the next couple of months! ;)

--end.

*I live in the CBD area in Melbourne where traffic is everywhere.

1 comment:

raissa said...

Sandra! Waking up early is a good thing :)
You can see many beautiful things happening before others see them!
I have been waking up early since I was young,
But remember to get enough sleep, k? At least 8 h a day!
Miss ya

Blog Widget by LinkWithin