Tuesday, August 25, 2009

.120km/h

The Rush.

It kind of reminded me of early April last year, when I'd experienced my first ever sandstorm.

Remember that sandstorm in Melbourne last year? Where trees fell, killed a couple of pedestrians and ruined a Porsche Boxster? Well, it was almost like that today.

People were told to leave work an hour and a half early. Trains were packed. I started getting a little worried about how I am going to get off at Melbourne Central Station the train arrived at Southern Cross Station approximately 3.35pm this afternoon. I was wondering to myself, "Does people actually leave work at 3.40pm? I thought 'peak hour' usually begins at 5???"

And then I remember seeing a Twitter post on my phone from Connex, advising people to leave early. I didn't take it seriously when I first read it.. Until a whole crowd of students and working people board the train in the City Loop stations.

"Gah! How am I supposed to get out!?!?!?!?!?!???" I thought, as the train approached Melb Central. "Excuse me. Sorry. 'cuse me. Thanks. Excuse me." ...I nearly couldn't get off the train!!!
So that's how it's like everyday during peak hour... :\

But hey, that's not it. While walking home from the train station, the wind was soooo strong and I had to put on a little more force than usual to walk forwards. I walked along this construction site and got sand in my eye along the way, which made me think that there was going to be another wave of sand storm this year.

...

All's good, don't worry.. For those of you who'd thought I got blown away, no, I got home safely before the storm visited Melbourne CBD. :)

1 comment:

raissa said...

I'm glad that u r fine, dra! Miss ya

Blog Widget by LinkWithin