Wednesday, September 9, 2009

.the one about cooking

Makizushi.

Chances are, our mothers have been taught to cook and sew at a very young age.... And umm chances are, they didn't have much education opportunities, like us. :\

"You cannot handle [cooking this/that]!!!" Or "You don't know how to prepare/cook [this/that]!!!", are comments by SF, whenever I try to attempt some advance cooking, like deep frying chicken wings.. Haha, alright, alright, I know he meant well, and that he didn't want me to get my hands burnt while cooking..

And that got me thinking. How many girls my age can actually cook as well as my mom can? I would say not a lot, since we have all pretty much spent our childhood learning math and science in school, and not to mention, homework.

If I could cook and sew, I wouldn't be sitting here typing up a blog entry.. I would probably be making desserts or mending some broken tops or bottoms.

So, let's see, how many of you can cook as well as your mothers or grandmothers, and can hand make clothings? :P

Oh but umm I do know a couple of friends who can cook and/or sew really well! You girls (and guys) know who you are! :)

--

Wait, I know how to make delicious sushi's (see above image).. And chocolate muffins! Does that count? :D




No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin