Saturday, June 5, 2010

.micro four thirds

oops, but i like it.

Before I continue, I'd like to announce that this is my 200th post.. So yay! :D

And umm.. I'd like to welcome the Olympus E-P1 to the family!
So why did I get a new camera all of a sudden?
Well.. The Cyber-shot T2's still reasonably good but it's just not advanced enough for me anymore.. I love the camera, but I can't help getting frustrated with the photo quality.. What looks "reasonably good" on screen doesn't necessarily look as good on the computer..

Don't get me wrong, I still love the fact that it's so small, and easy to carry around, but I reckon I need something a little more advance...

I did think about going back to Canon, getting one of those super zoom powershots.... But, things do change.

I went for a road trip with some old travel buddies last weekend, and one of us had the Olympus E-P1. A point-and-shoot (oh okay, not quite) that allows users to change lenses.. And not to mention, the ability to take RAW images, as well as full manual settings. Perfect.

Sure, it is a little bulky, but I guess I'll have to choose between image quality, and size. Image quality is pretty important to me – it usually determines whether or not I upload the photograph.

Now all I need is one of those leather jackets for the camera body.. As well as a proper case - something small and snug for the camera, which would then allow me to chuck it into my handbag without worrying about scratches.

...

..Actually, I have no idea what micro four thirds mean. Can anyone explain?


edited: I highly recommend the E-P1 for any experienced DSLR users who are looking for something smaller without compromising functions. If you need flash, you could either invest on an external one or get the E-PL1.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin