Wednesday, September 1, 2010

.know your neighbour ep. 1


OMG.. I can't believe I'm in the middle of finishing up my 3rd semester of graduate school! Part of me is like, "yay, I'm more than half way done!" and the other part of me is not actually looking forward to graduating... :\ I don't know if I'm ready to face the real world yet..

Oops, I guess I have digressed a little.. Alright, back to the topic!

We are making a viral video for our studio assignment this semester and so my friends and I decided to make three webisodes based on the theme "Know Your Neighbour". Okay, and I'm gonna need some favor from you guys – could you leave some sort of feedback to this video? As in, what do you think happened there? Feedback is very, very important at this stage and I would really appreciate it if you could either comment here in the blog or on youtube, whichever is easier for you. Please please please please please!!

---------------


1 comment:

Nick said...

I love this!

Life in medium-density suburban Melbourne - young people yearning to reach out and meet. The idea that modern 'interpersonal' communication is actually distant and sterile, like viewing through a window across the street. The music re-enforces a sense of loneliness. - and a twist at the end.

(That's what was spinning through my mind as I watched it, several times. Hopefully that matched your intention, otherwise I'll feel silly!)

Great set design concept too. Simple, uncluttered, not distracting.


Bring on ep 2!

TO be complete, may I question something? I was a little confused by the picture at the end. At the climax - the picture he holds up to the window is not the same one that he looks at when sorting his mail. There's clearly two pictures there, and one appears to be a duplicate of the red shirt picture already on the wall.

Maybe I missed the point, or was it a slip-up in the continuity?


One other suggestion - In your blog, include a link to the Youtube channel, as well as the embedded episode. When the embedded video finishes, Youtube throws up links to lots of other videos with similar titles.

Well done.
Bring on Ep2.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin