Tuesday, August 10, 2010

.one of my ambitions?

5D2 in film studio.

Third semester of postgraduate has not given me an answer as to what my ultimate dream job is.

But I know I'm definitely going to stay in the design field for the rest of my life.

Design –> Multimedia Design –> _____???_____

I still don't know what I'd like to sign up for when I leave Monash University into the real world.. It's quite a scary thought really.. I would like to be able to start building up my career within one to two months after graduation..if possible.

So there was this period of time where I wanted to be a film director. It doesn't have to be as big as one of those Hollywood films – I'll be happy as long as I can direct a film, even if it's a series of short films.

And then there is also photography. As far as my skill is concerned, I'm only confident with landscape photography.. And through my own observations, professional event and wedding photographers are the ones who earn pretty easily, as long as they have enough contacts..
I don't want to be an event/wedding photographer.. So it's out of the question.

Motion graphic artist. How about that?
I'm still not quite up to scratch with softwares like AfterEffects and Flash, and will probably need at least two to three more years to master 'em. Not enough time.

Illustrator? Graphic Designer?

But I want to do something that's related to what I've studied in my postgraduate course..you know.. Like something multimedia.

And I certainly don't want to end up in a job that's unrelated.

Oh wait, there is also the whole it's-hard-to-get-a-full-time-job-if-you-are-not-a-resident-in-this-country..

Sigh.

What now what now what now????????

Some of you probably are wanting to tell me to just finish my degree first before worrying.. But for me, I think it's best if I start on some thing as soon as I'm done.

I should start writing up a CV as soon as I finish the semester, and see if close friends/family can get me a few contacts so I could do a bit of casual freelance over the 3.5 months break.

Hmmmmm... And time to think about a domain name for my official site!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin